Cardboard egg carton
Various vegetable seeds from a garden store
Spoons to scoop soil
- Cut the egg carton in half, separating the top from the bottom. Set the lid aside. It will be used as a “base” for your seedling garden later.
- Saturate the bottom half of the egg carton with water and allow excess water to drain.
- With a pencil or screwdriver, punch holes in the bottom of each egg “cup” to allow water to drain through.
- Fill each cup with loosely packed potting soil and sprinkle with water to make soil damp.
- Poke a finger into the center of the soil and place 2-3 seeds in each cup. Cover the seeds loosely with soil.
- Place the planted seedling tray into the egg carton lid to provide a dry base for your garden.
- Place the seeds in a warm, partially sunny spot. Make sure that the soil remains damp but not soaking.